If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Decapitationnnnnnn!!!!!

I finished Brutal Legend over the weekend. And let me tell you: what a game! I was a little hesitant to play Brutal Legend due to its perceived RTS gameplay elements. Let me settle something here and now: Brutal Legend is not an RTS. Even the most epic stage battles at the end of the game require zero experience with real-time strategy games. The whole game was about kicking back, kicking ass, and enjoying a truly epic adventure in the land of metal!

It's been almost two days since I finished Brutal Legend and I still can't stop smiling. The game's ending is, without the shadow of a doubt, the most epic ending to a video game ever! Mass Effect's ending was pretty good. Modern Warfare's ending was pretty unforgettable too! But Brutal Legend has them all beat! I can't express just how awesome I felt when I'd finally beat the game. Incredible!

I think Tim Schafer really knocked this one out of the park. I'm just a little bummed that many gamers will miss playing Brutal Legend in light of some of the more misguided reviews out there. Just trust me: if you like funny games, if you like crazy action sequences, if you like to feel like an all-powerful kick-ass master of your domain - play Brutal Legend. That's it! Just pick up a copy for yourself and get playing! You will not be disappointed. If you like, you can even purchase my mint-condition copy of the game on eBay. I'll even sign it for you if you send me a request via e-mail after winning the auction. I'm not sure why you'd want me to ruin your copy of Brutal Legend with my signature but I'll do it if it'll get you playing the game.

Before I put Brutal Legend behind me, I wanted to give one small tip of advice for beating one of Brutal Legend's trickier achievements. The achievement is called Boar Bather and it's worth a whopping 50GamerPoint! To earn this achievement, you must have Eddie ride a Razorfire Boar into the Sea of Black Tears. When I watched the Achievement Hunter video help for this achievement, I decided to ignore this achievement. As you'll see in the video below, it looks very difficult to unlock.

But there is an easier way to get this achievement as I found out by accident during a stage battle on the shores of the Black Sea. Here's how to clear Boar Bather without breaking a sweat:

  1. Get Eddie to the shores of the Black Sea. You'll have to wait until you've finished all but the last two missions in the game to access this area of the map. Trust me: you'll know when you're there!

  2. Use Eddie's "Call of the Wild" solo. This solo will summon a pack of Razorfire Boars!

  3. Now jump on a boar, ride it towards the water, and jump off at the last second to send the Razorfire Boar to its untimely death.

  4. Achievement unlocked!

I unlocked this achievement in more spectacular fashion. During the second-to-last stage battle, I jumped on a Razorfire Boar to go scout out the enemy troops amassing on a bridge. When I realized that I was hopelessly outmatched, I jumped off the Boar and ran back to my troops. The boar started to harass the enemy which was actually part of my master plan. What I didn't count on was one of the enemy vehicles launching the Razorfire Boar that I'd ridden off of the bridge and into the Sea of Black Tears below. Imagine my surprise when I unlocked this seemingly-impossible 50GamerPoint achievement. Rock on!

The next game up on the slate is Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. I've already started playing it and I'm loving it so far. I'll be back within the next couple of days with my first impressions of the game.

Have a good one!

0 comments: