If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Skydiving and a Little Golf

For all my talk of not buying any more games until I've finished the ones I already own, I do an awful lot of random video game shopping. I've made a couple of big game purchases in the past couple days. And I couldn't be happier!

First and foremost, I pulled the trigger on a copy of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for my PS3. I found a brand new copy of the game on eBay for only $44. That's a bit more than the original $30 that I planned on spending on the game but I'm hoping it'll be worth it. Plus, I was willing to pay the extra $15 so that I could move on with my life. Obsessively thinking about an EA Sports golf game is not an ideal way to spend my free time.

In the end, I really wanted to play golf on my PS3 and I wanted trophy support. PGA Tour 10 meets both criteria rather nicely. The downside of making a purchase off eBay is the waiting period between buying the game and playing the game. My copy of PGA Tour 10 was in Florida at the time of purchase. Florida (US) to Ottawa (CAN) via USPS first-class postal service? Probably 7-10 business days. I'll be happy if the game arrives before the Easter weekend.

To help me bide my time until I can get into some "hardcore" golf action, I decided to make another game purchase. I stepped out to my local Wal-mart yesterday and picked up a copy of Just Cause 2. Wal-mart Canada is currently having a sale on Just Cause 2 - regular retail price is $59.99, Wal-mart price is $39.83. Nice!

I fired up Just Cause 2 for a mission last night. It's awesome! I'll have to play a bit more before I can come up with a solid first impression of the game. What I can say is that the game appears to be a sandbox lover's dream game. Huge map, tons of things to do, lots of grind-tastic trophies, cool destructible environments, and solid graphics for an open-world game. There's a certain amount of "cheese" in the cutscenes and voice acting. But that was part of the charm in the first Just Cause and the sequel appears to be following suit. Just Cause 2 is going to be fun.

For what it's worth, I think I may just go for the Platinum Trophy (a.k.a. 100% completion) in Just Cause 2. I'd have to play through the game twice (I refuse to play hardcore difficulty on my first playthrough) but it may just be worth it. I picked up all achievements in the first Just Cause and I wouldn't mind keeping up the tradition.

I'll be back after the weekend with more thoughts on Just Cause 2. For now, check out the Just Cause 2 launch trailer below.

Have a good one!

0 comments: