If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stomach Flu, Explosions, Online Golf, and the Easter Bunny

It has been a very exhausting week since my last post. I got hit by a nasty case of the stomach flu over the weekend. And it wasn't one of those illnesses that lends itself well to running and gunning through the jungles of Just Cause 2. I spent a full 24 hours laying down and trying not to vomit. What a great start to the weekend!

Once I was able to sit up without getting sick to my stomach, I put in a solid 7 hours of Just Cause 2. It's a great sandbox game. I've only played a couple missions so far. I'm having way too much fun just going from one location to another on the map, hunting for secret packages and blowing things up. I'm starting to get a feel for the game and the enemy A.I. so things are coming along nicely. I'm not sure if I'll play the game a second time through on the hardest difficulty setting simply because I think my first playthrough will take in the area of 40-60 hours. It's going to be a hell of a ride!

I've also started dabbling in Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online. It's an online (and currently free) version of Tiger Woods golf. Lots of stats, lots of achievements, and a bunch of courses to play. It's pretty incredible! I only have two complaints thus far:

  1. While Tiger Woods Online works on my laptop, the graphics are pretty crap. I really hate the fact that I don't have a true 3D graphics adapter in my laptop computer.

  2. Tiger Woods Online is not a true golf simulator. Players are shooting rounds of 38 under par. That's absolutely ridiculous! I like golf simulators that make you bust your ass to shoot par on every hole. Links LS 1998 is still the gold standard in my book. I'm now a little concerned that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for my PS3 will be a little too "arcade-y" for my hardcore sim-golf mentality. We'll see, I guess.

With a long weekend coming up, my plans are to put Just Cause 2 on hold for a little while. A friend lent me a copy of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I'd like to finish it up and get it back to him quickly.

Of course, if Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 happens to come in the mail, all bets are off. I'm really feeling the golf bug again. And with The Masters coming up, it's a great time of year!

I'll be away until next Tuesday. So have a safe and happy Easter holiday! Here's hoping the Easter Bunny brings all of my readers some new games in addition to the pounds of chocolate and candy!

0 comments: