If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Fingers Crossed

Despite a big library of games begging for my attention, I've put in a couple lowball bids for both Valkyria Chronicles and Final Fantasy XIII on eBay. I doubt I'll win either title and I'm cool with that. I figured I'd give this a try before splurging and picking up both games in retail stores. Try as I might, I can't seem to stop buying games. But when we're talking about such high quality games, can you really blame me?

I wasn't thinking about buying Final Fantasy XIII until just recently. I totally overlooked the game due to its length, ignoring the fact that I've always loved Final Fantasy games. I still feel terrible for not having played Final Fantasy XII - an oversight I plan on correcting sometime in the next couple years.

As for Valkyria Chronicles, it's one of the best RPGs to hit the Playstation 3. Some would argue that it is the best RPGs in years but I'll withold judgement until I've played it myself. I'm not sure if I've ever played a "tactical" RPG before but I am really digging this game's art style. Much like Eternal Sonata, it is Valkyria Chronicles' look that really has me psyched to buy the game and give it a shot.

My weekend will be spent hoping that I'll win both auctions and playing a lot of Metal Gear Solid 4. I'm roughly 12-15 hours into MGS4. I'm guessing I've just passed the halfway mark having just taken out a second member of the "Beauty and the Beast" unit. Raging Raven, much like her fellow unit member Laughing Octopus, was not too hard to take out. 1500 5.56mm rounds from Snake's custom M4 and a couple RPGs did the trick.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll leave you with a couple trailers: one for each of Final Fantasy XIII and Valkyria Chronicles.



0 comments: