If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Friday, April 16, 2010

So Many Games, So Little Time!

It's been pretty tough trying to figure out what to play lately. I have a rather long backlog of games that I've been trying to tackle for a couple of years now. I purged a large number of my older titles last October; even so, there are a lot of games kicking around.

I played Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen last night. I gave the game a couple hours of my life and that was enough for me. The game felt like any of the countless Giant Mech games that Japan pumps out every year. I finished about six missions and I failed to be impressed. Every mission boiled down to simply standing about and getting attacked by a large number of brainless Decepticons. You'd think it'd be easy to make a great game featuring giant Transforming robots.

For what it's worth, I will give Transformers a nod for some half-decent VO. Optimus Prime is voice by Peter Cullen who you'd remember from the 80s animated series and, more recently, from the mediocre Transformers movies. I also enjoyed watching the Dinobots episode from the original 80s cartoon. I remember Transformers looking a lot better than it did last night on my 40" LCD TV. Then again, I said the same thing about G-Force...

I'm now left with a decision. Should I play Metal Gear Solid 4 or Overlord? Both are games that I've wanted to play for a long while. And both are games that I'll be playing for sheer enjoyment as opposed to trophies and achievements. Complicating matters further is the fact that I still have Just Cause 2, Deadspace, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tiger Woods 10 on the go.

And I really want to pick up Galaga Legions and Geometry Wars 2...

And I'd like to buy Valkyria Chronicles at some point this year...

Is playing games supposed to be this stressful? I have so many games that I want to play! I haven't even addressed the multitude of awesome PS2 games still sitting in my basement just waiting to get a piece of my time. Odin Sphere, Rogue Galaxy, Dragon Quest VIII, Dark Cloud 2, and Final Fantasy XII all deserve better.

I think I'll continue playing Metal Gear Solid 4 this evening and over the weekend. I'll probably mix in a bit of Tiger Woods 10 and Just Cause 2 for those times when I don't feel like watching overly-dramatic and hopelessly long cutscenes.

I'll be back next week with a comprehensive list of every game in my gaming library. I'm curious to see just how much crap I've collected since my October 2009 purge.

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: