If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ahoy There!

What a great weekend of gaming! I'll just right out and say it: Tales of Monkey Island is awesome! It's everything you'd expect from a Monkey Island game and more! I've spent the last few nights laughing my way through a number of tricky puzzles and earning trophies the whole while. This is what gaming is supposed to be about!

I've finished off the first three chapters of Tales of Monkey Island. I've done pretty well so far though I'll admit that I did check GameFAQs once at the end of Chapter 1. But I've been hint- and walkthrough-free since then. And last night, I managed to finish off Chapter 3 with 100% completion. I can count on one hand the number of times that I've earned 100% completion in a game without the use of a guide. Even though Tales has a number of missable trophies, the trophy descriptions are excellent and give away just enough information to help avid trophy collectors find their way. I still have a few trophies left unlocked in the first two chapters of Tales of Monkey Island that I'll attempt to earn of future playthroughs.

I anticipate that I'll be back at Mass Effect by the weekend. I'm looking forward to finishing up my final playthrough. It is a great game and I'll be sad to see it go. But the promise of Mass Effect 2 has me anxious to give Mass Effect the boot once I've unlocked the four remaining achievements. I've even purchased the necessary Microsoft points to get both the Kasumi and Overlord DLC packs for ME2. I believe I'll also get some free DLC courtesy of the Cerberus Network code included in my retail copy of Mass Effect 2.

I've also started the hunt for a reasonably priced retail copy of Heavy Rain. I can't hold off any longer. I loved Indigo Prophecy and I'm sure I'll love Heavy Rain, despite its flaws. I'm not sure if I'll go for the Platinum Trophy in Heavy Rain but I will take my time with the game once I have it. If I were a guessing man, I'd guess that Heavy Rain may get some playing time between playthroughs of Mass Effect 2.


I'm thinking about picking up a copy of Red Dead Redemption sometime around the holiday season. I keep hearing great things about the game. I like the fact that Rockstar seems to have aimed for less controversy this time round and has instead focused on putting out a great game. Sure, there's nudity, sex, violence, and some pretty harsh language - but these are all secondary to the amazing story and addictive gameplay.


On a final note, I also got my free copies of Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, and Fireteam Bravo for my PSP. I'd give them a try if it weren't for Final Fantasy IX occupying all of mobile gaming time.

Have a good one!

0 comments: