If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Free Games? Thanks Sony!

After a few weeks of waiting, Sony has finally released some news concerning the PSP and PSP Go. All new PSP and PSP Go owners will be treated to 3 free digital games until next March 31. You can read the full press release here.

What does this mean for me? It means that I'm now the proud owner of a PSP Go!

I'll be picking up my PSP Go later this evening. I've got a list of everything that I need to do once I leave work this evening:

  1. Drive to store, pick up prepaid PSP Go, carrying case, and screen protectors. I scratched the hell out of my Nintendo DS and I'm not about to do the same with my PSP Go.

  2. Get home, unpack the PSP Go, and charge via AC adapter for 2 hours and 20 minutes.

  3. Register my PSP with Sony and get my e-mail voucher for LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, and SOCOM: Fire Team Bravo 3. Free games are awesome!

  4. Set-up my PSP Go to work with my local network at home.

  5. Register my PSP with my PS3 to allow for remote play. I'm not sure what this will do for me since I don't have any supported games, PSOne Classics, or any video media on my PS3. I'll still perform this step because it's easy.

  6. Download my free games and a bunch of PSP demos to my PS3 then transfer content to my PSP Go.

  7. Download a cool PSP theme from the PSN Store.

  8. Make a couple impulse buys - I'm thinking Locoroco, Patapon, and Silent Hill: Origins.

After an initial breaking in period, I plan on picking up some other titles for my PSP Go. Final Fantasy VII and VIII are at the top of my list. I'm also thinking about games like Jeanne d'Arc and any of Atlus' Persona titles should they ever be released for digital download. I may even give GTA: Chinatown Wars a try.

I'll also be loading up the new PSP Go with all of the audio podcasts, video podcasts, and music that I currently have on my Zune. The real appeal of the PSP Go for me is its portability and ability to act as an "all-in-one" device for entertainment on the go.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's commute. It'll be nice to play something other than Hexic or Sudoku on my Zune!

Have a good one!

0 comments: