If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Time to Celebrate!

I'll be away until early next week. Tomorrow's Canada Day and the celebrations will likely last until next Monday. Actually, I'll be celebrating with a family-friendly BBQ, some drinks, and a whole lot of Mass Effect.

I'm going to try and finish Mass Effect by then end of my four-day weekend. Insanity mode has proven to be little more than a bump in the road for my level 60 Adept. I was worried about being paired with Liara and Garrus due to the lack of firepower and tech skills. Luckily, Garrus has been able to hold his own with an assault rifle and Shepard is pretty handy with a pistol. What Liara lacks in combat skills she makes up for with great biotic skills and just enough tech skills to keep the Geth at bay.

I've done a lot of checking and it seems that I'll need to complete 50 assignments with both Liara and Garrus as active party members if I want to unlock my two remaining Ally achievements (Asari Ally and Turian Ally). I'll be skipping Pinnacle Station on my Insanity playthrough and possibly another mission called Geth Incursions. The Geth Incursions assignment may be more hassle than it's worth. The thought of taking on four Geth bases is a little frightening to contemplate. I'd consider the assignment if it weren't for the rocket troopers and snipers dotting the landscape in and around those bases. Thankfully, the Bring Down the Sky DLC comprises three assignments that all count towards my Ally achievements.

Besides Mass Effect and its sequel, I'm also looking forward to playing The Secret of Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge. Monkey Island 2 is getting released on PSN next Tuesday. I may wait a little while before shelling out the $10 for the game. I just finished Tales of Monkey Island and have both Mass Effect 2 and Heavy Rain waiting for me. I'm sure Guybrush won't mind if I bench him for month or two.


A friend also returned my copy of Borderlands the other day. And now I've got a hankering to visit Pandora again. I'm definitely going to try for the Platinum trophy in Borderlands. It's such a great game and I'm happy to have it back home again. I missed it. I have fond memories of spending the Christmas season playing a ton of Borderlands. Maybe I'll pop it in this weekend to see if I remember how to play!


Happy Canada Day to my Canadian readers! And here's to my U.S. readers having a safe and happy Independence Day!

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments: