If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Monday, August 30, 2010

From Overlord to Big Daddy

I finished Overlord over the weekend. And you know what? I think it was a great game! The gameplay was a good mix of strategy and action. Nothing was too difficult to accomplish since a brute force approach of drowning my enemies in endless waves of vicious minions worked to extricate my Overlord from all sticky situations. What surprised me was the quality of Overlord's story. The game's ending left me thinking about Overlord long after the credits finished rolling. Great stuff!

With Overlord finished, I'm now ready to launch into my next game: BioShock 2! Unfortunately, it took me too long to decide what to play next...I ended up buying a few more games thanks to my indecision. Greedy Gamer indeed...

I guess my shopping spree for new games did not finish with last weeks' impulse buys of BioShock 2 and Overlord II. There's nothing quite like the thrill of buying new games. Playing games is also fun but I love opening shrink wrap or padded mailing envelopes and pulling out a game I've never played before. You open the case, check the back of the disc for scratches or imperfections, then put aside the game manual for a little bathroom reading later that evening. I love it! Anyway - let's get back to my newest purchases.

I've been looking around for a cheap copy of Civilization Revolution for quite a while. I'm not a huge strategy enthusiast but I enjoyed the original Civ back in the early 90s. Civilization Revolution appeals to me with its cartoony graphics and dumbed-down gameplay. And at $27 for a brand new copy of the game, I was quite happy to pull the trigger on this purchase.


Red Dead Redemption was a lot of fun. I started looking around to find another Western-style game that I could play to bide my time between my next playthrough of RDR. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood seemed to fit the bill. Reviews were surprisingly good, graphics look descent, story sounds very interesting, and the gameplay looks fun. I'm looking forward to giving the game a try in the near future.


Finally, I picked up a copy of Pure. I had some points sitting on a game trading site and couldn't seem to find any games within my point range. Luckily, I was able to pick up Pure for the last of my points on the site (roughly $12 worth). That doesn't seem like a bad price for a game that combines the over-the-top tricks of the SSX series with ATVs. I'm sure it'll be good for a couple nights of fun.


I'm also in the process of selling my copy of Overlord (now bundled with Madden 07, MBL 2K7, and NHL 2K7) on eBay. Hopefully the bundle will sell. I need to clear up some space on my gaming shelf if I'm going to keep buying up games like they're going out of style. You can check out the auction right here: it runs until 4:25 PM on September 4, 2010 (if you're interested).

Have a good one!

0 comments: