If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Goodbye Pacific City; Hello XBL Marketplace!

Crackdown 2 ended in a blaze of glory last night. I saved Pacific City from the Freaks and Cell terrorists. I saved countless beacons, fought off hordes of awful creatures, and managed to pick up quite a few achievements along the way. Man - am I glad that game's done! Crackdown 2 was fun but it quickly wore out its welcome. Blowing up hordes of freaks grows a little stale after hour twenty...

With Crackdown 2 out of the way, I was looking for something else to keep me occupied. I have Alpha Protocol, Alan Wake, and Killzone 2 waiting in the wings. But then Microsoft had to go and have a silly little promotion (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/2010/0930-thankyougift.htm) that would reward me for spending gobs of money on XBLA games. I spent the money and look forward to trying out my new games and getting 800 MS points added back to my account.

I didn't go into this Microsoft promotion without a game plan. I knew that I'd be picking up Mass Effect 2's Lair of the Shadow Broker (800 points). This DLC received some pretty good reviews. I'm looking forward to getting 100% completion in Mass Effect 2 later this year.


Four years ago, I picked up a little game called Dead Rising. I really enjoyed the game despite some of the questionable game-design elements present (single save slot, timed "everything", grinding gameplay, etc.). Although I'm wasn't planning on buying Dead Rising 2, I was anxious to give Dead Rising 2: Case Zero a try. And at 400 points (~$6.50 in my neck of the woods), it seems like good value for my money.


Finally, no visit to the XBLA Marketplace would be complete without picking up a copy of Limbo. I don't really know what this game's about but it looks really cool. I've also heard so many good things about the game. I'm really looking forward to giving this game a try over the coming long weekend.


I'm going to start playing Alpha Protocol tonight. I'm in no rush to get to my newest digitally-distributed games and DLC. They have no re-sale value so there's little point in rushing through these titles. But I am quite anxious to give all of these titles a good chunk of my time very soon.

0 comments: