If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Back Wandering The Borderlands

I'm sorry for not posting sooner but I've been way to busy playing games. Ever since picking up my new 360 slim, I'm finding it hard to put down my controller. I also splurged and picked up an Xbox Live Gold membership for the first time in a couple of years. It's not hard to guess what I'll be doing every single night for the next couple of years...

Last week, I came across a site designed for "mature" gamers. 2old2play is a community of like-minded mature gamers looking to discuss and play games without being subjected to the typical online experience. Membership is open to all gamers twenty-five years of age or older interested in playing games and not being dicks about it. Twenty-five is still a little young to weed out all of the d-wads out there but it's a good start. The bulk of members seem to be in the same boat as me: balancing family, work, and gaming in a healthy manner.

After checking some forum posts and the clan lists on 2old2play, I figured that online play might be fun. I managed to find a good deal on 12+2 month Xbox Live Gold membership. I played a bit of Borderlands with some 2old2play members last week and I was pretty impressed with the whole process. It'll be fun playing online multiplayer with people interested in playing games without the pervasive racist, sexist, and homophobic flavours common nowadays.

Overall I've been focused on Borderlands since my last post. I really want to get into the Borderlands DLC that I missed on my PS3 version of the game (Knoxx and Revolution). I'm currently sporting a level 36 Siren and am pretty close to finishing up the main story. I've also finished off the Zombie Island DLC with this character thanks to some help from the fine folks at 2old2play. Unlike my previous Borderlands game on the PS3, my current Lilith is sporting some pretty sweet hardware. My pride and joy is a 489 damage Maliwan Volcano sniper rifle that takes down everything in one or two shots. Pretty awesome!

My plans for this week are pretty simple. I'm going to finish my single player campaign in Borderlands including all DLC (except for Mad Moxxie's Underdome). I'll also play some multi-player Borderlands with a friend of mine: I'm sporting a level 9 Mordecai in that game. I don't think I'll have any time for Spider-Man: Web of Shadows this week. I should be able to get back to Spidey next week.

I'm not sure how I'll get through all of my games if I start making online multi-player gaming a bigger priority. I won't worry about it for now. Games are supposed to be mindless and fun so I'll just take my gaming however I can get it!

Have a good one!

0 comments: