If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Brotherhoods B4 Courtesans [AC Brotherhood]

It's always fun trying to come up with something to write on this site when I've focused almost exclusively on one game. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's single-player campaign took a little while to grow on me. Last night, I realized that I am thoroughly hooked on the game. I can't begin to imagine how many hours I'll lose playing this game.

AC Brotherhood is a direct sequel to Assassin's Creed II. I'm sure that everyone knows this by now. The one thing that I wasn't counting on was the fact that I was still a little burned out on Assassin's Creed after the huge campaign in AC II. I really wasn't feeling "it" as I put Ezio through the motions during the early campaign play in Brotherhood. Of course, that all started to change rather rapidly.

I encourage all Brotherhood players to forget all side-quests and renovation tasks until the ability to recruit and train assassins becomes available. It's at that point that Brotherhood takes a much needed change of pace. No longer was I playing as one man again the Borgia empire: I now had a posse. Suddenly, everything I was doing in the game had a purpose. Reducing Borgia influence and burning down Borgia towers began to make sense. Burn down a tower, gain a new assassin recruit. More recruits means better assassin options available during normal gameplay (e.g. assassin recruits attacking guards, deadly arrow storms killing all guards in a group, etc.).

I'm spending all of my time hunting down treasures, completing various faction side-missions, and taking down Borgia Towers. I'm simply biding my time exploring the landscape of Rome knowing that my recruited assassins are getting more powerful by the minute. The recruits get sent out on various missions across Europe. The missions provide them with the skills and experience necessary to level up. In return, I get stronger allies that can be called on during a fight. And I receive a ton of cash and items awarded upon successful completion of an assassination contract.

There's so much to do in AC Brotherhood. Training assassins, hunting for treasure, looting crypts and lairs, and blowing up towers. And that's not counting the actual story missions that are fun, interesting, and provide an additional level of difficulty thanks to special "full synchronization" goals assigned to each mission (e.g. remain undetected, don't lose any health, kill enemy using hidden blade, etc.).

I am truly in assassin's creed heaven right now. Normally I'd feel bad that I'm neglecting the rest of my gaming library but not today. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is awesome! Everything else will have to wait...



Speaking of other games, I managed to buy a couple more and add them to my bloated gaming library. I can't resist a good deal. I'm also greedy idiot for continuing to buy games knowing full-well that Christmas is just around the corner.

Check out the trailers for my two latest purchases: Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk! Both games look half-decent based on their trailers. You'd think I know better by now...

0 comments: