If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Signal, Writers, and Renaissance Assassins


I'm going to have to keep this super-brief today. Christmas is a very busy time of year for me, both professionally and personally. But I'm still playing games and figured I'd make a quick note of what's been going on lately.

I'll keep this in point-form today. I don't have time to write much more and figured everyone would appreciate a break from my never-ending string of "howevers" and other made-up/misused words.

  • I finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood over the weekend. I played very little multiplayer (~5 short sessions) but a whole lot of the single-player campaign. I completed all achievements except for the one related to finding all Borgia flags. I think I found 79 flags before giving up. Searching for the last 22 flags would have involved dipping back into various lairs and dungeons. Not something I wanted to do after spending a hefty 35 hours with the game.

    Brotherhood was an excellent game - much better than I'd thought it would be given the hype leading up to its release. I can't wait for Assassin's Creed III. Ezio was fun but I'm really looking forward to playing as a different assassin in different times.

  • I also finished off Alan Wake over the weekend. I'd already finished off the main story and had only the two DLC episodes to complete. The Signal and The Writer took me less than 3 hours total to finish. That's a good thing given the frantic pace of these two DLC episodes. Every single second of these episodes was filled with horror, suspense, and a whole lot of Taken. I'm hoping to see a sequel to Alan Wake but won't hold my breath. I don't think sales were good enough. A real shame given how much fun I had with the game.

  • Next up on the chopping block is CSI: Deadly Intent. I've played so many fast-paced, action games lately that I'm just looking to slow things down for a bit. I hear that this CSI game is boring, broken, and ugly. But I like CSI so I'm willing to look past all of these flaws for a chance to solve some crimes with Nick, Langston (a.k.a. Morpheus), and the rest of the CSI crew.

  • I've also played a lot of Trials HD. Fun game but annoying as f*ck at times. Getting gold medals on some of the tracks is downright insane. And some of the hard and extreme tracks had me wracking up in excess of 100 faults. And there are at least three tracks that I can't seem to solve. But I'll be damned if this isn't one of the most interesting and addictive games that I've played in a long while.

And that's it for today! I hope everyone's enjoying the games they've got. It's been a pretty good year for video games and I'm not done yet. I'm hoping to get through another 2-3 games before the year's up!

I'll leave you with a trailer for CSI: Deadly Intent!

0 comments: