If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

An Early Father's Day Present?

Have you ever heard the story of the dog who purchased 5000 MS Points on his owner's Xbox Live account? Well, I don't have a dog...but I do have a couple boys at home. And Sunday afternoon, I made the "mistake" of leaving an Xbox 360 controller in the hands of my 4-year old son while putting my 3-year old down for his afternoon nap. Can you guess what happened while I was gone?

I came back to the room to find that my son had opened the Torchlight advertisement panel on my 360 dashboard. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary so I took the controller from my son and launched Doritos Crash Course for him. As the game loaded, I asked him what he'd done while I was gone and got the standard "I don't know...?" answer.

It wasn't until last night that I noticed something...off. I was browsing some Marketplace content and took a quick look at my MS Point balance. 110 points. Wait - didn't I have more than that? I figured I was mistaken since I'd just purchased Beyond Good & Evil HD and probably lost track of my total somewhere along the way.

Earlier today, just for fun, I thought I'd check my download history on Xbox.com. Right at the top of my recent purchase list sat Torchlight. My son had, in fact, purchased the game for me while I was out of the room.

Am I mad? Of course not! I really wanted to buy and play Torchlight. I was just holding off for a bit since I had so many other games to play. I feel like I was just given an unexpected (and totally awesome) present! I can't wait to play the game tonight!

0 comments: