If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Gaming Status Report (March 4, 2011)

When I started playing Infinite Undiscovery, I told myself that I was only go to do the bare-minimum in terms of achievement whoring. I had the average gamerscore earned by Xbox 360 users from MyGamerCard.NET and I was ready to go. And then MyGamerCard shut down leaving me high and dry...and sad. Luckily I found a nifty site called Raptr and I love it! I can't get average gamerscores anymore but I can see the average number of achievements earned by the large Raptr community. So it's game on as usual!

I spent a good deal of time earning some rather rare achievements in Infinite Undiscovery. Believe or not, most Xbox 360 gamers aren't willing to hit the "A-button" every 10 seconds for 5 consecutive hours! Well, I'm not like most gamers and earned myself...wait, 65 achievement points! That's it?! Son of a ...

Anyway, I've put about 14 hours into Infinite Undiscovery since I started playing the game last week. If I had to guess, I'd say that I'm just past the halfway point in the story. I'm looking forward to finishing this sucker off because it's been on my plate since November 2009. Characters and story are okay but I just don't like the fast-paced, frantic combat. I'm more a turn-based RPG kinda guy. I wasn't a huge Kingdom Hearts for the same reason. I like action RPGs (Borderlands, Diablo II, Torchlight, etc.): I guess it's just action J-RPGs that I'm not too fond of.

I've also been finishing up a couple of unfinished XBLA titles that I had kicking around. 3-on-3 NHL Arcade Hockey and Harm's Way were both finished to 100% completion. I had to borrow a third 360 controller from a friend and play a ranked Live match in the 3-on-3 hockey game to earn a 50 point achievement. It was a little awkward to play a hockey game with three separate controllers scattered around but I got it done. I think my wife was a little embarrassed to see me in full-on achievement-whore mode but I trust that our marriage is strong enough to handle that small hurdle.

Looking further down the road, I plan on getting Borderlands finished. I'm going for the full 100% completion across the main game and all three pieces of DLC. I may even throw in Borderlands this weekend. I'm not too worried about putting Infinite Undiscovery on hold for a bit: the story's pretty straight-forward and there's been a lull in the action. Honestly, I could really use a couple drinks and some crazy gun-play. Maybe a quick run-through of Mad Moxxi's could be just what the doctor ordered.

So those are my plans for the weekend: a little Borderlands, a little Infinite Undiscovery, Doritos Crash Course (why not?), and maybe a little You Don't Know Jack to cleanse the palate!

Have a great weekend!

Check out my updated Year of Gaming: 2011 Edition right here!

0 comments: